The phrase “Personal Information” refers to information that may be used to personally identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number or other billing information.
We also describe the measures we take to help protect the security of your Personal Information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Information We Collect
We may obtain information about you from various sources, including our website, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events, contests or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties, and publicly available information.
The types of information we may obtain include:
• Your Personal Information, if you choose to provide it or if we obtain it in the manner described above. You do not have to give us any Personal Information in order to perform job searches or to read the content portions of our website.
• Username and password for the account you may establish on our website.
• Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address) if you enroll in any of our services through our website.
• Your demographic information (such as postal code, occupation, education and experience, and if you choose to provide it, age, gender and ethnicity). We collect this information either through the registration process, from your resume or in the manner described above.
• Job search behavior and preferences, and a record of the searches that you make on our Sites. We do this in order to present you with job recommendations based on your interests as expressed previously through your searches.
• Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
In addition, when you visit our website, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
• Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
• Pages and URLs that refer visitors to our website, also pages and URLs that visitors exit to once they leave our website.
• Dates and times of visits to our website.
• Information on actions taken on our website (such as page views, site navigation patterns and job view or application activity).
• A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our website.
• Search terms that visitors use to reach our website.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
• Register, manage and maintain your account on our website.
• Provide products or services you request.
• Process, validate and deliver your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone).
• Maintain a record of the jobs you view or apply to on our website.
• Inform you of relevant job postings that may be of interest to you.
• Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of our website.
• Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
• Contact you and deliver marketing and promotional communications to you by email, text message or other means that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests, enable you to communicate with us, and solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide you do not want to receive further communications. Please note that if you unsubscribe from receiving marketing and promotional communications from WinWin, you may continue to receive transactional and operational emails from us.
• Manage your participation in our events and other promotions, where you have signed up for such events and promotions.
• Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
• Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails we have sent to you have been received and read).
• Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our website, social media assets, and the jobs viewed or applied to on our Sites.
• Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
• Enforce our website’s Terms and Conditions.
• Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We also use certain technical information about your computer and your access of our website (including your internet protocol address) in order to operate, maintain and manage our website. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
When you apply for a job through our website or publicly post your resume to our resume database, employers will have access to information about you (including your e-mail address and other contact information that you publish on your resume) and your potential interest in employment opportunities. Those employers may use your information to contact you directly at the contact information you have provided.
Additionally, we may combine certain Aggregate Data about our users and use such Aggregate Data to prepare reports for our users (typically employers or educators). “Aggregate Data” is the demographic information (such as postal code, age, gender) and employment information (such as occupation, education and experience) of many individuals that is combined together. Aggregate Data is used to analyze the characteristics of various populations. For example, an employer may purchase a report from WinWin that states the number of accountants with at least five years’ experience that live within a certain geographic area.
Other than instances where users opt to publicly post their Personal Information to our resume database, provide it via a job application, include it in a job posting or otherwise provide permission to share it, we do not sell our users’ Personal Information to anyone for any reason. When posting jobs and resumes, our users decide for themselves how much contact information they wish to display. All users should be aware, however, that when they choose to display or distribute Personal Information (such as their email address or other contact information on a public resume) via the Sites or any other distribution method, that information can be collected and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from third parties, for which WinWin is not responsible.
We also may share Personal Information with our service providers who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. These service providers may only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwise required by law.
WinWin also may disclose specific user information when we determine, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, to prevent a crime or protect national security, or to protect the interests or safety of WinWin or other users of our website.
In addition, Personal Information we have collected may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy or other corporate reorganization of WinWin.
Posting your resume on our website puts you in front of potential employers with open positions. By posting your resume on our website, you understand that it will become part of our resume database, and will be made available to potential employers who purchase access to our database. This information will not be kept private by WinWin, so consider carefully what information you choose to include in your resume. DO NOT PUT SENSITIVE INFORMATION, SUCH AS YOUR SOCIAL INSURANCE NUMBER, ON YOUR RESUME.
We attempt to limit access to our searchable resume database to legitimate users such as paying employers, recruiters, hiring managers, headhunters and human resource professionals, but cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to this database. We cannot control the use of resumes by third parties who access such resumes while they are in our searchable database.
You may remove your resume from our searchable database at any time. However, employers, recruiters and others who have paid for access to that database, as well as parties who have otherwise gained access to the database may have retained a copy of your resume in their own files or databases. We cannot control the retention, use or privacy of resumes or profiles that have been downloaded by third parties. Accordingly, you should not put information you would not want made public in your resume.
About Cookies, Tracking Choices, and Third Party Advertisers
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” is also called a Web bug or a pixel tag or a clear GIF. Used in combination with cookies, a Web beacon is an often-transparent graphic image, usually no larger than 1 pixel x 1 pixel, that is placed on a Web site or in an e-mail that is used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the Web site or sending the e-mail.
In addition, some of the employers that use our website may place cookies on your computer through their job postings and may use such cookies to distinguish your web browser uniquely. Often, employers use such information to track the effectiveness of their job postings by measuring how many users who view their postings later became job applicants.
Update Your Account Information
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not owned by WinWin. These other sites or linked third-party sites may have their own privacy notices, which you should review if you visit those sites. We are not responsible for the content of any sites not owned by WinWin, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
International Data Transfers
When we obtain Personal Information about you, we or our service providers may process and store the information outside of the country in which you are located. The countries in which we process the information may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you are located. Further, users who access your information, such as potential employers, also may be located in a different country than you and different laws may apply to their use of your information.
How We Protect Personal Information
WinWin maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the Personal Information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain private. As a user of our website, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of our website, the internet generally, and the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off our website.
You should safeguard your WinWin account user name and password and not share that information with anyone. You may not provide your password or otherwise permit access to your WinWin account to any third party. You are responsible for all uses of your account, whether or not authorized by you. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your information and password. You agree to protect and keep your password confidential, to change your password on a regular basis, and to maintain appropriate and regularly updated malware scanning and cleaning tools on your network and individual computer(s). You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our website. Please note that we will never ask for your WinWin account user name or password via email. You agree to notify WinWin immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password.
How to Contact Us